Saturday, November 12, 2011

UFC On FOX 1 : Venasquez vs dos Antos !!!!!!



Date: Nov 12, 2011
Venue: Honda Center
Broadcast: FOX, Facebook and FOX.com

MAIN CARD (FOX)
Champ Cain Velasquez vs. Junior dos Santos
(heavyweight title)
I love this fight. This is the best heavyweight match up we've ever seen in MMA. These guys are indisputably the two best heavyweights in the world & it has this has all the makings of an instant classic. This a is a very hard fight to pick. On paper it looks like Cain has all the advantages & he should be able to mix up his take downs and striking, as well as his endless cardio to eventually tire out 'Cigano'. I'm feeling like this is Junior's fight. dos Antos has great take down defense, & is almost impossible to hold down. The big Brazilian has the best technical striking in the heavyweight division. Combine all those factors with Cain's long layoff & I think we see a new Champ tonight.
I'm not really rooting for either guy, I'm just rooting for a great fight & I hope we get a solid trilogy from these two elite fighters.

PRELIMINARY CARD (Facebook and FOX.com)
  • Clay Guida vs. Ben Henderson
  • This is a fight of the year type fight. Both guys are tough, with decent
    striking & solid wrestling skills. I hope we get a five round war but I'm
    predicting Bendo will pull of one of his wicked guillotines.
    Henderson by submission.
  • Pablo Garza vs. Dustin Poirier
  • Poirier's problem is his defensive wrestling but I don't
    think Garza is the man to expose that flaw.
    I wouldn't be surprised if Garza could pull off a quick
    submission but I'm taking Poirier by decision.


  • Ricardo Lamas vs. Cub Swanson
  • This should be a decent scrap if Swanson
  • avoids getting injured. I'm taking Lamas for the win.
  • Clay Harvsion vs. DaMarques Johnson
    I don't even want to pick this irrelevant fight.
    Johnson should get the win but neither fighter is UFC caliber
  • Norifumi "Kid" Yamamoto vs. Darren Uyenoyama
    I like Kid to get his first UFC win in this one.
    Kid's got the better striking, better wrestling, & even if he looks
    unmotivated he should be able to pick up the decision.

  • Robert Peralta vs. Mackens Semerzier
    I like Mackens as the more rounded skilled fighter but I'm going
    to go with the momentum of Peralta for the upset.

  • Alex Caceres vs. Cole Escovedo
    Escovedo should get his first UFC victory
    with an easy match up against 'Bruce Lee-Roy'.

  • Paul Bradley vs. Mike Pierce
    I like Pierce pretty big in this. Pierce has better striking and solid wrestling
    which should let him control where the fight goes.
  • Matt Lucas vs. Aaron Rosa
    I honestly could not be less interested in this pointless heavyweight match up.
    Let's go with Lucas for the win because I've never seen him fight.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment