Friday, March 25, 2011

UFC FIGHT NIGHT 24 : Nogueira Vs Davis

UFC - Fight Night 24
March 26, 2011
Key Arena,Seattle, Washington, United States
Phil Davis vs. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira - I'd be very surprised if Lil' Nog has anything for Davis. Nog could keep it standing and beat Davis up on the feet. Mr. Wonderful has far superior wrestling chops and a steadily improving Jits game. The main way I could see an upset here is if Davis gets too comfortable on the ground and gets caught by the BJJ ace. That being said, I'm going with a surprise pick and I'm taking 'Mr. Wonderful' Phil Davis to submit Nogueira rd. 2.
Dan Hardy vs. Anthony Johnson - This will be 'Fight of the Night', I'm sure of it. Both guys are excellent strikers and I doubt it even hits the floor. Both fighters are very tough but I'll take Johnson by decision (or maybe a TKO) since he's shown the tougher chin.

Leonard Garcia vs. Chan Sung Jung - I love that instead of getting the rematch we all wanted (Garcia/Phan) we're getting the other rematch everyone wants. Korean Zombie has been talking a more conservative/defensive style since he was KO'd by George Roop and I think that's what we'll see here. While I think Jung will get the better of all the exchanges and take much less damage I think he gets ripped off on the cards AGAIN. Garcia is very flawed fighter but he has proven to have a style that sways judges. Leonard is 3-2-1 in his last 6 fights when he should be 0-6. Garcia by split decision.
Amir Sadollah vs. DaMarques Johnson - I'm not really interested in both of the under performing Ultimate Fighters. Sadollah by armbar, rd. 1
John Hathaway vs. Kris McCray - This is another tough, close matchup but I see Hathaway being the more well rounded and getting the better of the TUF 11 alum. Hathaway by TKO, rd.3
Mike Russow vs. Jon Madsen - Madsen should be able to do what he does best, lay & pray. Madsen by decision.
Alex Caceres vs. Mackens Semerzier - I'll take Mack 'the Knife' to get Caceres down and run game on him. Semerzier by submission, let's call it an arm-triangle, rd. 1.
Aaron Simpson vs. Mario Miranda - Oh man, this is a very good match up and a very tough fight to call. Miranda has very underrated Jiu Jitsu and Simpson has a stellar wrestling game. I'll go Simpson by decision, but I'm not confident in that pick.

Sean McCorkle vs. Christian Morecraft - Not much intrigue here. Loser leaves town. I'll go McCorkle by TKO, rd. 1

Michael McDonald vs. Edwin Figueroa - I'm not too familiar with Figueroa but I've seen McDonald and he's definitely a talented young fighter. McDonald by decision.

Johny Hendricks vs. Anthony Waldburger - I think Hendricks will easily get top position on Waldburger and can work to a dominant decision but I'm gonna take an upset here and take Waldburger to pull out a sub. Waldburger by submission, rd. 1.

Nik Lentz vs. Waylon Lowe - There's gonna be a lot of clinching, maybe a takedown or two. Lentz by boring decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment